Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Don't Forget to Celebrate I Forgot Day!

Did I forget something?

Today is a very important but little-celebrated holiday....

I Forgot Day


Well we’re 1/2 way through the year and today’s the perfect time to catch up on all those sundry things that have slipped our minds over the last 6 months or so. What were those New Year's Resolutions anyway? Did I remember to send a card to Aunt Tillie in Feb? How many heart worm preventative doses has Fido missed? Is it too late to get a flu shot (YES!) What about an oil change? Yikes - are those snow tires that I see on my car in July?? Are there any fast food plants I can put in my vegetable garden now that will have a chance to actually grow before frost? (like insta-onion or speedy asparagas? Do you want fries with that?  Maybe I'd better stick with winter squash.)

Whatever we've missed in 2008 we have time to make up for at least some of it today -- National I Forgot Day. Actually, I have made a personal decision to extend the celebration for a whole week....hope that's enough time.   I'd better get going before I start screwing up again. 2009 isn’t that far away!

1 comment: