Thursday, October 31, 2013

God Sees, Knows, Loves, Gives

Why is change so hard? It is, after all a part of life. After walking this path called life for years you would think it would be easy. A bump in the road, or a brief shower on an otherwise sunny day. This morning I find myself facing change with a renewed sense of resistance. My truest, most honest response is "NO-oooooo! Don't want things to be different. I liked them the way they were. Can we just go back, God?"
Then I awake to my husband holding my hand, praying with me before he leaves for work...I sit down with my morning coffee and notice a pink glow outside--a glorious sunrise! Across the room I see the first bloom on the Christmas cactus. I open an email to find a song of hope and strength...God IS so good. And it is only 8 am! I'm thinking I can step over this bump and walk through the shower with a God who loves this much.
It is time to be #movingforward.



2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the beautiful sunrise and new beginning on the Christmas cactus, which shows hope as we begin a new day or begin to accept change is needed to move forward . Thanks for sharing your blog with me this morning. Blessing as you allow God to change what He desires for your life.
    Marilyn(OBS group leader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy--It never ceases to amaze me that when my mouth says "no I don't want to change" that God shows us in so many ways how much He loves us and that He will love us through our changes. Thank you for sharing this today!
    God Bless, Nancy S. (OBS Small Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete